Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Good Evening!

Hello again, lovely readers. Welcome to day three (in a row). Today I will be sharing two cards with you all...



I really like this card. I've also come to the conclusion that my style is decidedly simple. I am a big fan of simple. Clean lines are my best friend. Anyway...the navy, orange, and green cardstocks are all from Bazzill. The white cardstock is Strathmore Vellum finish Bristol. I've been using this a lot lately as I have some left over from a class last year and I read somewhere that it was really great for stamping. I tried it and I am super happy with it. Not only does it take ink well, but it is also a super heavy weigt so it makes a fantastic card base. The patterned paper is Chatterbox. The ink is Versa Color Atlantic. The ribbon I found at Michaels. Don't you just love that double-stitched goodness! The Prima flower is adorned with a rhinestone from Darice. The sentiment (which I love) is from Impression Obsession. Isn't that just such a lovely thought? The earth must be really happy in spring and summer (at least in Ohio)! I also used 3-D tape and my Fiskars mini scallop scissors to make the sentiment really become the focus of the card.



My husband and I have seen quite a few couples take their vows in the past year or so. Now that we are coming up on our fourth anniversary we joke that "we've been waiting for everyone else to catch up." Kidding, kidding! The recent flood of weddings has me painfully aware that I don't stockpile enough wedding cards. There is nothing fun about realizing that you need to make a wedding card at 11:00 the night before a good friend's nuptials. So this card is meant to give me a nice quick option to recreate in the days (or more likely, hours) before some of the weddings we have to look forward to. The blue cardstocks are from Bazzill and the white is Strathmore. The ink is (surprise, surprise) Versa Color Atlantic. The sentiment I picked up at Michaels in the $1 bin and the swirls are Autumn Leaves/Rhonna Farrer (an Archivers Hot Spot purchase). The rings are a Quickutz die. For the "man's" ring I just left the diamonds off. The silver stock I used for the rings is an Envelopments paper (Luster, I think is the color). I used 3-D tape, glitter, and a Making Memories brad for the finishing touches.

Well, I hope these posts continue to suffice. Check back tomorrow for an anniversary card option (so maybe you'll be ready for next year when those friends are ready to celebrate another big day) and a little something else that is yet to be determined. Ta-ta!

No comments: