Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Home at last!

We arrived home last night, but I have been busy tying up loose ends today. All of my craft stuff is still in bags, so I haven't created anything yet. In lieu of a new project, I thought I might post a few vacation pictures.

Saturday, Sean Linda Nick and I broke ranks and visited a couple of museums. We saw the Mattress Factory and the Warhol Museum. Neither place allows photography, but the whole clan did go on an evening riverboat cruise that offered plenty of shutterbug time. Here are a couple of the highlights.





The whole group of us went to a Pirates game on Sunday. They lost to the Padres, but it was still a good game. Who am I kidding! I know nothing about baseball. All I know is it was HOT! Here's a photo of the field. I liked the giant hedge with "Pirates" carved into the top. It's too bad that I'm not a shrub fan or we could have one in the front yard that says "Joneses". Perhaps not...



This is a statue of Honus Wagner that stands outside PNC Park.



Then, on Monday, most of the family left, but Sean and I stayed in the city long enough to visit the National Aviary. Super Cool! The only problem is, most of the birds travel too quickly to be properly photographed. These images will have to do. You'll notice that most of the birds in these photos are stationary.







Well, that's all for now. Have a lovely night.

No comments: