Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

Well...if your Christmas is 90 degrees and humid. Perhaps this is just wishful thinking. I'm not a big fan of the cold, but this heat wave is for the birds! I'm in a constant state of nap today. I can't function when it's this hot. The downstairs in our house yesterday reached 87 degrees before I finally turned on the A/C. Now it's a balmy 80* in here. The upstairs is perpetually 10* warmer (or colder depending on the season) so I think I might have been able to bake bread in the dormer had I tried. Needless to say, tank tops have been in great demand.

At any rate, I have been thinking Christmas lately. The new Papertrey Ink releases this month will have a Fall holiday theme. Next month will be Winter holiday theme. I really just want to warm up for those releases. I can't wait!





This card uses one of the sets from last year. This is Take A Bough. I love the build-an-ornament feature of this set. The card is pretty simple actually. I stamped the branch, foliage, and sentiment in Palette inks. The ornament is stamped with copper and paprika pigment inks. I traced the hook and the ornament decoration with a glitter pen and covered the entire ornament with Glossy Accents. The green layer is stamped with the individual piney things. Both Kraft layers are sponged with copper ink. I tied sheer cranberry ribbon around the focal panel and mounted the whole thing with foam tape. Easy Peasy. These could be really great to do en mass for the holiday.

Well, I should get back to work. I'm trying to set up my snazzy high-res color laser printer today. OOOhhhh! AAAAhhh! Have a good day!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Kraft - Papertrey Ink, Parakeet & Cajun - Bazzill
Stamps: Take A Bough - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink, Landscape - Palette, Cosmic Copper - Brilliance, Paprika - VersaColor
Ribbon: Sheer Cranberry - CTMH
Other: Glitter Pen - Sakura, Glossy Accents - Ranger, Foam Tape - 3M

No comments: