Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bringing Home Baby

Not us. No babies here. I think I just heard my mother faint.

Today I have a baby card. This is a poor, rejected magazine submission. It's ok. I still love it.



My happy little lion here was stamped in Burnt Umber ink and colored using Prismacolor Pencils and a bit of mineral spirits. "Hey Big" was stamped directly onto the Lemon Tart base using the same ink from the lion. The blue letters are of the flocked variety. I like the texture they add to the card face. Nice and soft. Just like a baby.

I stamped the polka dots onto Aqua Mist cardstock and added a white layer for a little dimension. Topped off with a nice knotted length of Summer Sunrise twill and we're in business. The lion is mounted on top of everything using foam tape.

Thank you for checking in on this lovely Saturday morning. Take it easy...

Recipe:
Cardstock: Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; Ultimate White - Strathmore
Ink: Burnt Umber - Palette; Frost White - Colorbox
Stamps: Little Boy set - Sandylion; Simple Alphabet, Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey
Ribbon: Summer Sunrise Twill - Papertrey Ink
Other: Flocked Alphabet - Making Memories; Foam Tape - Scotch

1 comment:

Suzanne :O ) said...

super adorable! I love how simple you kept it, so the lion could really shine :)