Monday, January 12, 2009

I've been spackling!


So, we bought our house because we loved all of the architectural detail, but we knew it was going to be a lot of work. For example, in the kitchen the previous owners put up hardwood paneling on three walls. Unfortunately they didn't hang it very well and there are gaps and seams in between all of the boards. If it were simply stained you probably wouldn't see the gaps, but it's painted white, so you see every line. We want to repaint, but we know the flaws in the wall will still be visible even with the new paint. Yesterday, fueled by HGTV and a set of New Year's goals, I ran to the hardware store and bought spackle. I've been filling in the lines as if the spackle were caulk. It already looks so much better! Off to the bathroom (same problem)...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DH is never thrilled when I get inspired by HGTV! lol Good luck to you two! Actually, I love spackling!!! I'm not thrilled with painting (though, I'll do it), but there really is something almost meditative for me when it comes to spackling!! Again, GOOD LUCK!!!! :>:>