Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Variations On A Theme

Today I went to the dentist for the first time in...um...6 and a half years. I was terrified. And they were backed up by nearly 3 hours, so I sat in a tiny waiting room for two and half hours with the cast of the next Christopher Guest film waiting for Parker Posy to make her entrance and fidgeting like a junkie. It was awesome.

Luckily, my compulsive brushing, flossing, and rinsing has served me well. No cavities and the dentist said, and I quote "Are you sure you don't use an electric toothbrush? You have absolutely no build-up." Score one for neurotics everywhere! I do have impacted wisdom teeth in my lower jaw, but she told me I don't have to get them removed because they're not causing any problems. Whew!

In other news...Today's card is the same layout as Saturday's baby card. This time we have a sweet little birthday confection. I replaced the ribbon with bright blue ric rac. The patterned paper I used for the cupcake is an oldie from American Crafts. I've been hoarding that particular paper forever. To lighten it up and add a little shimmer I used my Sakura glitter pen on all of the black dots and then covered the glitter with Glossy Accents.



The cupcake wrapper is just Bazzill cardstock that I ran through my paper crimper. I love using this technique for cupcakes! It adds such texture, dimension, and realism. The candle wick is 1/16" blue satin ribbon. I have no idea where it came from, but it's been in my ribbon box for at least a year.

The sentiment is from a clear Wordsworth set. The polka dots are from Papertrey's Polka Dot Basics set. The cupcake parts are templates that I designed myself. Thanks so much for checking in today! If you are a fellow stamper, Papertrey is releasing a new round of stamps tonight at midnight. See you there!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Orange, Blue, Yellow - Bazzill; Ultimate White - Strathmore
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink; Happy Birthday Sentiment - Wordsworth
Ink: Frost White - Colorbox
Fibers: blue ric rac - Wrights; narrow blue satin - unknown
Patterned Paper - American Crafts
Tools: Paper Crimper - Fiskars
Other: Foam Tape - Scotch; glitter pen - Sakura

No comments: