Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Couple Of Quickies

Greetings, Blogland! So, you wouldn't know it by the pace around here, but I'm making things all.the.time. For example, I make cards for a local restaurant company. They truly care about their employees and they want to show it by sending them cards for things like birthdays, employment anniversaries, weddings, babies, and not-so-fun things like a loss or an injury. All in all I put together about 50-100 cards a month just for that one company. I thought it might be fun to share a couple of those today (as proof that I do, in fact, stamp on occasion).

They like their cards pretty bare-bones. They're sending so many cards that specialty postage or handling are out of the question, so I keep it pretty simple.


This first one is a congratulatory card made with Natural Beauties. I stamped the frame first and then masked off the inside to keep it free and clear of polka dots. The flowers and leaves are hand-cut and the flower centers are glittered.


The second one is another congratulatory card made with Hello, Sunshine and Pretty Peonies. I just used the sunburst on the top of the card to suggest a new day/horizon/beginning. Probably a detail that no one would have noticed aside from me, but now I've mentioned it so you can all "ooh" and "ahh" at my genius. Ha! Right.

Well, that's all for me today. Thank you for stopping by and I'll have a new post up for you in the coming days. Have a lovely afternoon!

Recipes:
Floral Congratulations
Cardstock: white
Stamps: Natural Beauties (Stamp-A-Faire set), Happy Hydrangea, Polka Dot Basics, Scattered Showers, Label Basics - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado - Papertrey Ink
Other: Xyron Machine; Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch

So Happy For You
Cardstock: Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; white
Stamps: Pretty Peonies (anniversary set), Hello Sunshine, Scattered Showers - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Ocean Tides - Papertrey Ink; Silver - Colorbox
Other: Pretty Peonies Dies - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Tiny Rhinestones - Mark Richards; corner rounder

2 comments:

June K said...

Pretty cards, Lizzie. Please keep sharing them with us. Wow, you sure do make a lot cards per month just for the one company.

takewrning said...

Oh, I love the "So Happy for You" card!