Sunday, December 1, 2013

December Color Play

Good morning and welcome to Papertrey Ink's December Color Play feature! This month we're using a wintery color palette inspired by a gift wrapping project over on the Martha Stewart website.


As you can see, this month we're playing with a color palette of Spring Rain, Ocean Tides, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, and Dark Chocolate. I love that these colors are perfect for the season while not adhering too closely to the traditional holiday scheme. It's so much fun to find new color combos that can be used for my annual Christmas cards; it keeps my seasonal crafting feeling fresh and exciting.


I started by die cutting my Tipped Tops shapes from Rustic White and Ocean Tides cardstocks. I die cut a circle from my Ocean Tides and textured that layer with the Woodgrain impression plate. I adhered that layer to my Rustic White piece and stamped my sentiment in the circular space. Next, I die cut a Loop De Loop die from Spring Rain cardstock and adhered it so that the scalloped edge (rather than the loopy edge) showed from behind the Tipped Tops layer. I stamped a Rustic White card base with the snowflake pattern from Snowfall using Spring Rain ink and then adhered my Tipped Tops layer into place.


Next, I stamped my mittens (also from Snowfall) using Autumn Rose ink. To get the knit pattern onto the mittens, I inked up the knit block from Knit Bits with Scarlet Jewel ink and kissed that stamp onto the clean mitten stamp. Then, I carefully lined up the newly inked/patterned mitten with the pre-stamped solid mitten and pressed down firmly. The pattern from the knit block was perfectly transferred and I didn't have to do any masking!


I fussy cut my mittens and added Spring Rain cuffs. I connected the mittens with a bit of Rustic Cream Button Twine and adhered them to the card front with foam tape.

I hope you've enjoyed today's post and I hope you'll try the color scheme for yourself. If you do, I hope you'll share it with me over on the Papertrey Ink Challenge Forum. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you again soon. Take care!

Recipe:
Stamps: Snowfall, Knit Bits, Over Under Easy: Holiday Additions - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Ocean Tides, Spring Rain, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Spring Rain, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel - Papertrey Ink
Other: Woodgrain Impression Plate, Loop De Loop Border Die, Tipped Tops Dies, Rustic Cream Button Twine - Papertrey Ink; Circle Die - Quickutz; Foam Tape - Scotch

1 comment:

Kathy Mc said...

Love this month's color palette, Lizzie, and may have to drum up a holiday card using these. Your fancy mittens really pop with the knit design. My mind is now spinning with ideas using my new Tipped Tops. TFS!