Monday, May 12, 2014

More Summer Sweetness & Text Block: Baby

Good morning, everyone, and welcome back to Day 3 of the May Papertrey Ink countdown! I an back today sharing a few more projects featuring Summer Sweetness and the Text Block: Baby die. I can't wait to show you what I have up my sleeve, so let's get started!

Today's first card is a super quickie. Sometimes you just need a simple card to send to a friend and this one fits the bill.


I began by impressing the scalloped rectangle into my card front using the Monthly Moments: Journal Card 2 Die and the impression plate sandwich for my Cuttlebug. Then, I masked off the scalloped rectangle and stamped the polka dots in Harvest Gold ink. Next, I die cut the popsicle shape and stamped it with the coordinating image using Berry Sorbet, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, and Classic Kraft inks. I stamped my sentiment and a second popsicle into the scalloped area of my card front and then attached my die-cut popsicle using foam tape. Quick and easy!

My second card uses a whole rainbow of popsicles on a fun, bursting background.


I began by stamping the dotted background onto an Aqua Mist card front using Versamark ink. Then, I applied silver Perfect Pearls to the sticky, wet ink. Next, I die cut a banner and stamped the sentiment using True Black ink. I adhered that to the card front with flat adhesive.


Next, I die cut several popsicle shapes and stamped them with a variety of ink colors. I overstamped the popsicles with Versamark and heat embossed them with clear powder. The shiny surfaces turned out perfectly! I mounted each popsicle to the font of the card with foam tape.

My final card today uses a color blocking technique with the new Text Block: Baby die.


I began by Xyroning and die cutting the Text Block shape from white, Lemon Tart, Sweet Blush, and Melon Berry cardstocks. Then, I cut a separate panel to use as the foundation for my Text Block "puzzle." I removed the protective backing as I adhered each piece into place. Next, I stamped a Classic Kraft card base with Background Basics: Needlepoint using Fresh Snow ink. I wrapped a card base with Saddle Stitched ribbon and Rustic Button Twine and mounted my sentiment panel over them with foam tape.

Thank you so much for joining me today and for sharing your enthusiasm with me over the past couple of days! I'll have even more to share tomorrow, so I hope you'll come by again. In the meantime,  Nichole, Ashley, DanielleDawn, Erin, Heather, Lexi, Melissa Bickford, and Melissa Phillips all have additional inspiration to share with you today. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you again tomorrow morning!

Recipes:
Let's Chill Card
Stamps: Summer Sweetness, Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, Classic Kraft - Papertrey Ink
Other: Summer Sweetness Die, Monthly Moments: Journal Card 2 Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

Popsicle Rainbow Card
Stamps: Summer Sweetness, Dot Spot - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Classic Kraft, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, Plum Pudding, Royal Velvet, True Black, Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Summer Sweetness Die, First Place Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Silver Perfect Pearls - Ranger; Clear Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch

Color Blocked Baby Card
Stamps: Background Basics Needlepoint - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Lemon Tart, Sweet Blush, Melon Berry - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Text Block: Baby Die, Sweet Blush Saddle Stitched Ribbon, Rustic Jute Button Twine - Papertrey Ink; Xyron; Foam Tape - Scotch

7 comments:

Grace said...

Love all the cards. What wonderful ideas. The Popsicle stamp is adorable

Diana K said...

Super cool cards. And did I tell you how much I love the script font in Summer Sweetness?!!

Tracey McNeely said...

The 'sweetest' popsicles, the tri colour is my fav though!

Parker said...

All of your inspirational samples are great and I will be applying them in my card making. The popsicles are so sweet looking that I need to go to my freezer right now to get one.

Kathy Krug said...

Your popsicle cards are so much fun.

Unknown said...

Your popsicle cards look good enough to eat! Very refreshing looking on this muggy day:-)

Kathie B said...

My favorite is the first popsicle card. It looks good enough to eat!