Friday, June 13, 2014

Bowl Of Sunshine - Day 4

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to Day 4 of the June Papertrey Ink new release countdown! I'm back again today with a couple of projects featuring my new set, Bowl Of Sunshine (available June 15th). I know it's a group post day and you have plenty to hop around to see, so let's get right to it!

My first card today would be a nice, have-a-great-day sort of card.


I began by stamping a panel of Pure Poppy with the largest polka dot from Polka Dot Basics III using the matching ink. Then, I went back and overstamped a few of the dots randomly with the crosshatched overlay using Dark Chocolate ink. I adhered that to a white card base and set it aside. Next, I die cut an apples (no leaves) shape and bowl from white cardstock. I stamped them with the coordinating images and adhered them together with flat adhesive.


Then, I die cut a Mat Stack 3 shape from Classic Kraft cardstock and stamped it with the shadow and leaves. I mounted my bowl of apples to the Mat Stack shape and then mounted the whole focal point to my card base with a bit of foam tape. Next, I die cut the banner shape from Tag Sale #10 from white cardstock and stamped it with the sentiment and two Pure Poppy dots. Finally, I mounted the sentiment banner to the card front and embellished with small dots of Stickles.

My second card is another using the "make lemonade" sentiment.


I began by texturing the front of a Spring Moss card base with the Linen & Canvas impression plate. Then, I stamped my patterned panel using Simply Chartreuse and Lemon Tart inks and attached an Aqua Mist Loop De Loop Border Die shape to the back. I adhered that whole piece to the front of my card base. Next, I die cut the sentiment flag from Simply Chartreuse cardstock before stamping and heat embossing my sentiment.


Then, I die cut the lemons (with leaves) and a bowl shape and stamped them with Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, and Aqua Mist inks. I adhered my sentiment flag to the card front then attached the bowl and fruit dies with foam tape. I finished up by using a bit more of the tape to adhere the dies to the card front.

Thank you for joining me today! I'll see you back here again tomorrow with one more day of inspiration using Bowl Of Sunshine. Until then, Nichole, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Erin, Heather, Laura, Laurie, Maile, and Melissa have projects to share with you today. Enjoy and I'll see you tomorrow!

Recipes:
Sweet Apples Card
Stamps: Bowl Of Sunshine (available June 15th), Polka Dot Basics III - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Classic Kraft - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Fresh Snow, Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink
Other: Bowl Of Sunshine Die Collection (available June 15th), Mat Stack 3 Die, Tag Sale #10 Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xmas Red Stickles - Ranger

Make Lemonade Card
Stamps: Bowl Of Sunshine (available June 15th), Background Basics Retro, Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Bowl Of Sunshine Die Collection (available June 15th), Linen & Canvas Impression Plate, First Place Die Collection, Loop De Loop Border Die - Papertrey Ink; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the background of the Sweet Apples!

Cindy H. said...

Lizzie, I love these two beautiful cards! Not only are those bowls of fruit beautiful but your cards always have such great designs. When I see your cards I'm always asking myself "How did she do that?" and then "Do I have that stamp?" -like for instance the bg in card #1 and the pattern on card #2 totally intrigued me.

Tracey McNeely said...

The background stamping is awesome. That bowl is reminding me of my gramma more and more each day!

Anonymous said...

The new ombre builder set is to die for. Can't wait to get my ink on those stamps.

Kathie B said...

I am really liking everything that I am seeing in the darling bowls. Your background stamping with the lemon bowl is just exquisite. So lively and happy!

see mary stamp said...

Such a sweet vintage vibe to this set. Love it.