Saturday, November 1, 2014

November Color Play

Good morning, Friends, and welcome to November! The first of the month always means a new Papertrey Ink Color Play challenge around these parts and I'm excited to share this month's palette. Ready?


I found this photo thanks to B. Lovely Events. Aren't those tiny pumpkins just fantastic? I know we crafters can be tempted to jump straight ahead to Christmas projects this time of year, but I thought this autumnal palette was too good to pass up. I love the way the blue and oranges balance one another in these charming place settings. Plus, I thought it would be a great, gender-neutral palette to use for a get well card. 'Tis the season to have a few extra of those on hand, after all!


I began by stamping my knit pattern using Background Basics: Striped Sweater with Spring Rain, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, and Terra Cotta Tile inks on Rustic White cardstock. Then, I die cut the mug from Candy Cane Christmas the (also from Rustic White) and stamped it with Dark Chocolate ink. I created a tiny tea bag tag from the smallest die in the Pack Your Bags Die Collection and stamped it with the small heart in These United States. I connected that to the mug using white crochet thread and set it aside.


Next, I die cut the largest panel from the Tipped Tops Die Collection and stamped it with the steam and a sentiment from Comfort Food. I also added a grounding shadow from Sunflower Bouquet. I adhered the Tipped Tops shape to the card base and mounted my mug with a bit of foam tape for dimension.

Thank you for joining me today! I'll see you again soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Candy Cane Christmas, Background Basics Striped Sweater, Comfort Food, These United States - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Spring Rain, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Terra Cotta Tile - Papertrey Ink
Other: Tipped Tops Die Collection, Candy Cane Christmas Die Collection, Pack Your Bags Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; white crochet thread

2 comments:

Karen L K said...

Cute card and great color combo!

Unknown said...

Love the added blue!