Sunday, December 14, 2014

December Papertrey Ink Countdown - Day 5

Good morning, All, and welcome back to Day 5 of the Papertrey Ink December countdown. I have a few more projects to share with you featuring Block Party, Drips & Dribbles, and the Text Block: Love die. Let's get right to it!

My first project features Drips & Dribbles. I put away my fair share of Harney & Sons and I'm sure under the right circumstances I'd shed a tear over an up-ended mug.


I began by die cutting the mini tag and mug shapes from Rustic White cardstock and the Loop De Loop border from Sweet Blush. Next, I stamped the mug with its coordinating image using Autumn Rose and Scarlet Jewel inks. I used a bit of a rock 'n roll technique for a bit of depth. Then, I stamped the tiny tag with the small heart from These United States and tied on a bit of twine. I slipped the twine through the slot in the mug and adhered the tag into place with a tiny bit of foam tape. Next, I stamped a panel of Rustic White with the splotches and rings from Drips & Dribbles using Fine Linen ink (at times stamping off once for a softer image). I attached the Sweet Blush border into place along the top edge of the stamped panel and adhered it onto a Kraft card base. Then I stamped my sentiment and added the mug with foam adhesive.

My second card is a wedding card made with the Text Block: Love die.


I began by impressing the die into White Shimmer cardstock and trimmed it out along the outer edge of the impression. I matted it with a piece of True Black and set it aside. Then I stamped the Background Basics: Art Deco pattern in Fresh Snow ink onto a Soft Stone card base. I heat embossed the pattern with clear powder for results that are very subtle and almost pearly. I tied a white ribbon around the card base and mounted my impressed Text Block panel to the card front with foam tape. It's a very simple card, but the shimmery and shiny finishes make it feel sleek and sophisticated.

My final card today is a playful, non-traditional Valentine-y number I put together using Block Party.


I began by stamping a heart pattern with the blocks onto a 3" square of white cardstock using Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet, and Limeade Ice inks. I added the sentiment through the middle of the heart using Smokey Shadow ink. Then, I used a fine point glue pen to draw narrow lines along the top and bottom of the sentiment. I embellished those lines with fine glitter and set the panel aside to dry completely.


Next, I stamped the varied scallops trip from Ombre Builders onto Aqua Mist front using Fresh Snow ink. I adhered the card front to a white base and mounted my focal panel with foam tape. It's a fairly straightforward design, but it's versatile enough to work for any kiddo with a simple swap of colors.

I hope you've enjoyed today's post and all of the projects I've shared over the past several days! Make sure to check in with NicholeAshleyBetsyDanielleDawnErinHeatherLauraLaurieMaileMelissa PhillipsLexi, and Melissa Bickford for more inspiration from this month's release. Take care and I'll see you again soon!

Recipes:
Spilled Tea Card
Stamps: Drips & Dribbles, Candy Cane Christmas, These United States - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Rustic White, Classic Kraft, Sweet Blush - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Autumn Rose, Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel, Fine Linen, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Other: Candy Cane Christmas Die Collection, Loop De Loop Border Die, Rustic Cream Twine, Pack Your Bags Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

Splendid Adventure Card
Stamps: Background Basics: Art Deco - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Soft Stone, True Black, Shimmer White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Text Block: Love Die - Papertrey Ink; Clear Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Ribbon - May Arts

Pretty Cool Kid Card
Stamps: Block Party, Ombre Builders - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet, Limeade Ice, Fresh Snow, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Foam Tape - Scotch; Fine Sugar Cube Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Glue Pen

2 comments:

Grace said...

Love the cards and your ideas

Unknown said...

Love the "colors" of the Splendid Adventure card,