Sunday, February 8, 2015

Introducing The Text Block: Mom Die

Good morning, Friends! It's Day 4 of Papertrey Ink's Anniversary Countdown and today is all about Mom! I'm very excited to be introducing the Text Block: Mom Die to you this bright and shiny morning. This newest Text Block features a super versatile sentiment celebrating Mom. The message is perfect for Mother's Day, birthdays, or just a note to let her know she's special. You're going to love it!

I want to kick off this countdown with a Mother's Day card that any mama would enjoy.


I began by stamping a white card base with Background Basics: Needlepoint in Lemon Tart ink. Then, I stamped the flower and leaves from Ruby Rose in Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise inks, and Simply Chartreuse inks. Next I Xyroned a piece of Spring Rain cardstock and die cut it with the new Text Block: Mom die. I adhered the die cut to a piece of clear cardstock (mostly for stability) and embellished with a scalloped, Loop De Loop die cut. I used foam tape around the edges to mount that piece to the card front, carefully layered over the floral image.


Then, I die cut a second Text Block: Mom shape, this time from Lemon Tart, and used a 1/2" circle punch to pop out the "is" circle. I adhered that to the Spring Rain shape and sprinkled it with clear glitter for a bit of sparkle. I love how the "is" looks like the center of the flower!

My second card uses this new die to create a birthday card, just for Mom. I was inspired by Laura Bassen's (fairly) recent Make It Monday tutorial about camouflaging die cuts.


I began by stamping the candles from Wishes Come True repeatedly across the bottom half of an A2 piece of white cardstock. I wanted the final result to be fairly soft, so I used a gray pigment ink I happen to have on hand rather than a bolder black or dark brown. Then, I went back and filled in the outlines with the patterned candles in Spring Moss, Winter Wisteria, Aqua Mist, and Spring Rain inks. I added the flames in Harvest Gold before running the panel through my Xyron machine. Then I die cut the Text Block: Mom die from the center of that panel as well as from four piece of Winter Wisteria cardstock.


Next came the process of assembling the card. I adhered everything onto a Winter Wisteria card base. There are some tiny pieces, so it took awhile, but I love the way it turned out! It still looked a little lifeless though, so I added clear glitter to each candle flame to make them twinkle just a bit. I'm smitten, y'all.

Well, that's all for me today, friends. I'll see you again tomorrow with more of this month's new releases. In the meantime, Nichole and Dawn are giving the Text Block: Mom die a little extra special attention today. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you all again soon!

Recipes:
Floral Mother's Day Card
Stamps: Ruby Rose, Background Basics Needlepoint - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Lemon Tart, Clear Cardstock - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink
Other: Text Block: Mom Die (available February 15th), Loop De Loop Border Die - Papertrey Ink; 1/2" Circle Punch - EK Success; Foam Tape - Scotch; Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Xyron

Mom's Birthday Candles Card
Stamps: Wishes Come True - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Winter Wisteria - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Moss, Winter Wisteria, Aqua Mist, Spring Rain, Harvest Gold - Papertrey Ink; Gray Pigment - Studio G
Other: Text Block: Mom Die (available February 15th) - Papertrey Ink; Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Xyron

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing candle card!!

Holly Saveur said...

gorgeous cards!

Tracy said...

another beautiful text block die - and gorgeous cards. i'm kind of in love with that candle card - the color combo is really wonderful

JanetB said...

Thank you for showing us another way to use the text block. The candles are just right. Great cards.

klarcher said...

that candle card is amazing

Kathy Mc said...

Great job, Lizzie, from Laura's inspiration! You rocked that challenge. : ) Perfect Mother's Day card!

Jill Norwood said...

Wonderful die! Amazing cards!!!

Grace said...

Amazing cards

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

What a great way to display the new release!

Cariños,
María Alba

Connie G said...

These are so cool - what unique ways to use the text block die. very creative!!!!

Sandy M said...

Beautiful cards. I especially love another idea using those candle stamps I have.