Friday, May 1, 2015

May Color Play

Good morning, friends! It's the first of the month and you know what that means...it's time for another Papertrey Ink Color Play feature! This month we're playing along with this inspiration photo from Peanut Butter & Peppers:


Aren't those cheerful and sunshine-y colors just the greatest? They jumped right out at me the moment I saw the inspiration photo. I couldn’t wait to play with those bright, fruity tones. I thought a perky palette like this one would be fantastic on a "just-because-you're-awesome" kind of card.


I began with the stitched portion. I die cut the Strip Stitch shape from Fresh Snow Linen cardstock and stitched rows of chevrons using thread that coordinated with this month's palette. I adhered that to a Fresh Snow Linen card base using Scor-tape just along the vertical edges.


Next, I used the Sentiment Splits: Angle Horizontal die to cut two more panels from Fresh Snow Linen stock. I stamped my sentiment in Orange Zest onto the larger panel and then trimmed both pieces about 1/8" so you'd be able to see more of the chevron stitches. I used foam tape along the outer edges to adhere those panels to the card front. The angled edges are supported by the thickness of the stitched panel. It's a simple card, but the texture and bright colors give it plenty of interest.

Well, that's all for me today. Thank you so much for joining me for this month's Papertrey Ink Color Play! See you again soon!

Recipe:
Chevron Stitches Card
Stamps: Block Party - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Fresh Snow Linen - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Orange Zest - Papertrey Ink
Other: Strip Stitch Die, Sentiment Splits: Angle Horizontal Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; ScorTape

3 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

Such a beautiful color palette, Lizzie, and bright & cheery card. Great job on your newsletter again, too!

Gina said...

Lizzie, I love this color palette! And, I love the link to the original picture because I want to make that water - it sounds delicious!!!!

Unknown said...

Those colors just bring a smile to my face! The card is so unique!!