Thursday, May 14, 2015

More Of A Second Helping Of Sunshine & The Text Block: Dad Die

Good morning, everyone, and welcome back for Day 5 of the Papertrey Ink new release countdown. I'm sharing a couple of additional cards featuring A Second Helping Of Sunshine and the Text Block: Dad die, so let's get to it!

My first card today pairs my new Text Block die with Betsy's Plaid Builder set.

Best Dad Plaid Card

I began by stamping a plaid pattern onto Fresh Snow Linen cardstock using Blueberry Sky, Simply Chartreuse, and Terra Cotta Tile inks. I trimmed that down to 4" x 5 1/4" and adhered it to a Fresh Snow Linen card base.

Best Dad Plaid Close Up

Next, I stamped an Enchanted Evening panel with the pinstripe lines from the Plaid Builder set using VersaMark to give a subtle tone-on-tone appearance. Then, I die cut a Text Block: Dad shape from a piece of Xyroned Simply Chartreuse cardstock and adhered it to the Enchanted Evening panel. That piece needed a little extra pop, so I inlaid the "ever" with Fresh Snow Linen before mounting the focal point to the card front with foam tape. Dad + Plaid = Bromance.

My last card today is a note for a friend featuring A Second Helping Of Sunshine.

Hello, Friend Card

I began by die cutting a circle from a panel of Fresh Snow Linen cardstock. I stamped my sentiment below the circle and textured it with the Chicken Wire Impression Plate. Then, I stamped the little cherry scene onto a Fresh Snow Linen card base. I used Ombre Builders to ground the bowl of cherries, stamping it in Spring Rain a couple of times to add depth. The bowl was then stamped in Ocean Tides and the cherries were Rock 'n Rolled in Autumn Rose and Scarlet Jewel.

Hello, Friend Close Up

Next, I stamped the scalloped border from Be Happy in Autumn Rose along the right edge, adding a narrow strip of Scarlet Jewel to really define the edge. The sentiment/chicken wire panel was then added to the card front with foam tape to finish it off. This card, with the colors and the chicken wire, has a little bit of a country vibe that I think works well with the images from A Second Helping Of Sunshine. I hope you agree!

Well, that's it for me for this release. Make sure to check in with Nichole, AmyAshleyBetsy, Dawn, Heather, Laura, Laurie, Maile, Melissa, Erin, and Lexi to see what they have up their sleeves today. I'll see you again soon!

Recipes:
Plaid Dad Card
Stamps: Plaid Builder (available May 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Fresh Snow Linen, Enchanted Evening, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Blueberry Sky, Simply Chartreuse, Terra Cotta Tile - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Text Block: Dad Die (available May 15th) - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron

Hello There, Friend Card
Stamps: A Second Helping Of Sunshine (available May 15th), Ombre Builders, Be Happy - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Fresh Snow Linen, Scarlet Jewel - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Spring Rain, Ocean Tides, Dark Chocolate, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink
Other: Chicken Wire Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Circle Die - Quickutz; Foam Tape - Scotch

3 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Like your Best Dad Ever card, the plaid colors are great!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

WOW Simple and soooo CLASSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Kathy Krug said...

Love your bowl of cherries.