Monday, November 9, 2015

Moments Inked: Basic Meal Planning


Good morning, planner people! It's my turn to share how I've been using my Papertrey Ink Moments Inked planner lately. This week I'm sharing my meal planning set up.

Meal Planning Spread

For some reason, meal planning has been notoriously difficult for me in the past. This system is really helping though. I put together a wet-erase page that I've tucked into my planner next to my coupons pocket. I love that it's reusable! All I have to do to start over is wipe it down with a damp towel.

Week Of Meals Page

I created it by die cutting a full size basic page in the Divided Die collection from polka dotted Soft Stone paper and Soft Stone cardstock and adhering them together. Then, I used the largest Boxed Die to cut my daily boxes. I stamped them with rainbow colors using the Wet Paint alphabet. I adhered the boxes in place on both the front and the back. I also added a "Notes" section to the back along with the weekend days. I use that area to write down reminders and highlights about recipes I've tried through the week.

Meal Planning Page and Coupon Pocket

I laminated the whole piece to make it wet-erase. Fair warning, it was so thick that it took a few passes through the laminator to really get everything fully heated and adhered properly, but eventually it all worked out. I trimmed it out with scissors to finish it off.

Meals Tab

I added a "Meals" tab to the top edge of my laminated page using the Divided Die and mini stamp set. That makes it easy to flip right to my page when my planner is closed.

Grocery Tabs

I wanted to have an easy way to separate my shopping list into the places I regularly shop and the Divided Die turned out to be perfect! I die cut three of them and cut the tops into three tabs. I added brightly colored circles to the tabs that I stamped with relevant initials (M is for farmers Market [our indoor market goes through March], K is for Kroger, O is for Other [which is where I write down the things I buy in specialty stores]).

Grocery Tabs and Meal Planning Page

I like being able to see at a glance what items I need to pick up from which stores. It saves me time and makes my trips easy. Having everything written down also keeps me stay on track and only buy the things we actually need from the grocery store. And having the coupon pocket right there is a very handy thing, too!

Thank you so much for joining me today! Have a great week and I'll see you again soon!

Recipes:
Meal Planning Page
Stamps: Wet Paint Alphabet, Moments Inked: Divided, Moments Inked: Listed - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: - Soft Stone, Soft Stone Polka Dot Paper, Aqua Mist, White Adhesive Sheet - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Melon Berry, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist, Winter Wisteria, Hibiscus Burst - Papertrey Ink
Other: Moments Inked: Boxed Die, Moments Inked: Divided Die - Papertrey Ink

Grocery Tabs
Stamps: Moments Inked: Listed, Pencilgrams - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Fresh Snow Linen, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Smokey Shadow, Tropical Teal, Scarlet Jewel - Papertrey Ink
Other: Moments Inked Divided Die - Papertrey Ink

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool! I like your idea of separating what you buy and where.

Denise E said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing! I need meal planning in a big way! ;)

Shanna Shands said...

I really like this!