Saturday, November 12, 2016

Beautiful Inspiration

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to today's Papertrey Ink group post. We're introducing Better Together, the Leaf & Sprig Frames, and Inspired: Mercy today. I love creating with florals. They can be soft and delicate, bold and lively, or anywhere in between. I thought it might be fun to revel in a garden of pastels today.

On my first project, I decided to use pale, delicate watercolor to color the large bouquet from Better Together.

Everything I Can Card

I started by heat embossing the bouquet onto watercolor paper. I used Zig Clean Color pens for the watercolor, scribbling them on an acrylic block and adding water to dilute the color. I set that aside to dry while I heat embossed the sentiment onto vellum cardstock. I adhered that to a Keep It Simple Frames shape and then attached it to the bouquet panel.

Everything I Can Close Up

That whole piece was mounted to a Soft Stone card base that I'd cut with the new Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die. I topped it off with a crochet thread bow and called it good.

My next projects both use the Better Together set, but this time I used an emboss resist technique rather than coloring.

Floral Wedding Ensemble

Let's start with the tag. I began by die cutting the Basic Cut Tag and heat embossing the bouquet with clear powder. I used Aqua Mist ink to sponge around the tag and used a clear Wink Of Stella pen to add hints of glitter here and there.

Happy Wedding Day Tag

Then I die cut the "happy" tag and heat embossed the sentiment from For You set. I stamped the flowers on the tag with Aqua Mist ink and connected the two tag layers with sheer white ribbon. The emboss resist layer shows behind the "happy" so beautifully.

Love For A Lifetime Wedding Card

The card was created very similarly. I began by embossing the bouquet and sponging the Aqua Mist ink before die cutting my card base. Then I die cut the frame using the Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die layers and mounted it to the card base with foam tape. Next, I die cut and heat embossed the Graceful Greetings II sentiment. I positioned it atop a nest of silver thread and adhered it to the card base with foam tape. I used a sprinkling of silver rhinestones to embellish around the sentiment.

My final project today pairs Inspired: Mercy with the new Leaf & Sprig Frames.

Blessed Are The Merciful Card

I bean by die cutting a white card base using the Noted: Scalloped A2 die collection. Then I used the Leaf & Sprig Frames to create a mask, covering the center and "flowers" and sponged Prairie Grass ink through the leaf holes. I used a marker to fill in the flower holes before removing my mask and then used fine crystal glitter to add a little sparkle.

Blessed Are The Merciful Close Up

Next, I used the Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die to cut the stitched rectangle shape and stamped it with the sentiment from Inspired: Mercy. I mounted it to the card base with foam tape and attached a added the die cut "mercy" that I'd sponged with Harvest Gold and Summer Sunrise inks. A simple crochet thread bow finishes it off nicely.

So there you have it. Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to pop in on Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie, MelissaErinLexi, and Maile to see even more from this release. Have a great day and I'll see you again tomorrow!

Recipes:
Everything I Can Card
Stamps: Better Together - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Vellum - Papertrey Ink; Watercolor Paper - Ranger
Ink: VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die, Keep It Simple Frames Die - Papertrey Ink; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Crochet Thread

Floral Wedding Ensemble
Stamps: Better Together, For You, Graceful Greetings II - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: White
Ink: Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: For You Tags Die, Basic Cut Tag, Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die - Papertrey Ink; Clear Embossing Powder, Silver Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Rhinestones - Mark Richards, Darice, KaiserCraft; Silver Thread - DMC; Sheer White Ribbon

Blessed Are The Merciful Card
Stamps: Inspired: Mercy - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Lemon Tart - Papertrey Ink; White
Ink: Prairie Grass, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Mercy Die, Noted: Scalloped A2 Die, Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die, Leaf & Sprig Frames Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Crochet Thread

6 comments:

Diana K said...

So pretty, Lizzie! I simply love your perfectly soft cards this morning.

nancy said...

These are lovely cards you've shared today, Lizzie. I really like how you used the Leaf & Sprig Frames as a stencil. The resultant frame is so delicate when paired with the scallops.

Colleen said...

All of them are so pretty

Leslie S. said...

Oh Lizzy, your cards are so beautiful - love the soft pastel colors used!!

Kathy Mc said...

Lizzie, all three projects look awesome and so very different. You have lots of patience to use that frame as a stencil, but the results are definitely worth it.

Sandy M said...

Your first card is so soft and beautiful. Love the frame card also.