Monday, December 12, 2016

Celebrating Love: Now & Then

Good morning and welcome back to Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink countdown. Today is all about love! Love is one of the most joyful reasons we have to make cards. And thanks to the products we're introducing today, celebrating weddings and anniversaries just got even easier! You're sure to fall head over heels for the beautiful details included in these fantastic collections. Let's take a closer look, shall we?

I've used Betsy's new Paper Clippings: Love Story set to create a romantic wedding card.

True Love Story Card

I used Autumn Rose and Scarlet Jewel inks to stamp the cover of the book. The pages I stamped with Fine Linen and the edges of the pages are stamped with Classic Kraft. I then stamped over the edges of the pages with VersaMark and used Pearl Perfect Pearls to make it look like the pages were gilded. I stamped the writing with Smokey Shadow before die cutting the book with the Details die.

True Love Story Close Up

Next I sponged Lovely Lady ink onto a white card base and stamped the sentiment with Scarlet Jewel. I added the hearts in Autumn Rose and adhered a Cover Plate: Delightful frame that I'd cut from White Shimmer stock.

True Love Story Card Angle

Then I cut the narrow banner from Tag Sale #10 (creatively cut to make it a bit longer) from Autumn Rose cardstock. I heat embossed a sentiment from Keep It Simple: Wedding using white powder and adhered it into place.

I also have a Making Strides card to share with you today.

Progress Is Progress Card

I began by stamping a small collage of triangles from Sketched Shapes using an array of ink colors. I wanted it to look like a handful of stylized arrows pointing the recipient in a "forward" direction.

Progress Is Progress Close Up

Then, I stamped the sentiment in True Black and adhered the panel to a white card base with foam tape. It's a simple card, but its message is clear. It also happens to be easily adaptable to anyone depending on ink colors.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check in with Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie S.Laurie W., Melissa, Erin, and Maile to see more inspiration. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you tomorrow!

Recipes:
Love Story Card
Stamps: Paper Clippings: Love Story, Keep It Simple: Wedding - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: White Shimmer, Autumn Rose - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Lovely Lady, Scarlet Jewel, Autumn Rose, Fine Linen, Classic Kraft, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Paper Clippings: Love Story Details Die, Cover Plate: Delightful Die, Tag Sale #10 Die, Coaster - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Pearl Pigment Powder - Perfect Pearls

Progress Is Progress Card
Stamps: Making Strides, Sketched Shapes - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Vintage Jadeite, Hawaiian Shores, Lilac Grace, Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz, True Black - Papertrey Ink
Other: Foam Tape - Scotch

4 comments:

Diana K said...

Awesome, Lizzie! Your sentiment set is really something.

Vicki Finger said...

Your Love Story card takes my breath away! It is so beautiful!

karenb said...

Both cards are wonderful, but I especially love the first one! Beautiful!

jan metcalf said...

Scarlet Jewel and Lovely Lady sure are nice together, love the card!