Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Feel Better Inspiration

Good morning and welcome back to Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink December countdown. Today we're sharing projects for our under-the-weather friends and family. It's never fun to be sick, but a care package can make even the ickiest days a little bit brighter. Erin has designed a whole collection of products that will make it a breeze to deliver a ray of sunshine to your laid-up loved ones.

I've put together a gift basket full of my favorite sick day staples along with some adorable coordinating accessories I created to make it even more special.

Get Well Gift Basket

I filled my basket with a magazine, tea, a jar of local honey, cough drops, Alka-Seltzer + Cold, hand sanitizer, tissues, and lip balm. I don't know about you, but these are all things I reach for the moment I begin to feel a cold coming on.

Mini Gingham Tissue Box

Erin designed a tiny Tissue Box Cover Die to help you dress up mini packages of tissues. The result is so stinkin' cute! I created my box by stamping the Background Basics: Super Gingham pattern in Berry Sorbet on Pale Peony cardstock. I die cut two shapes and assembled the box, tucking the tissues inside before sealing it up.

Take It Easy Card

Then I created a card using Erin's Take It Easy set and her Cozy Bed Dies. I used Background Basics: Super Gingham in Berry Sorbet on Pale Peony for the comforter. Background Basics: Woodgrain came in handy to add texture to the headboard. The sheet and pillow case were sponged with Lemon Tart and the card base was sponged with Aqua Mist before I adhered the bedding layers and stamped the sentiment. I love how you can change the headline on the little newspaper. Such a fun detail!

Take It Easy Card Interior

On the inside of the card I stamped the pajamas in Pale Peony and the sentiment from Keep It Simple: Sending Hugs in Smokey Shadow.

Back On Your Feet Tag

I also made a tag with Take It Easy to tie to coordinate with my gift basket. I used Tag Sale: Quilted as the base and added a layer of Pale Peony cardstock that got the gingham treatment. I heat embossed the sentiment before I stamped the pajamas in Smokey Shadow and colored them with colored pencils. I adhered them to the tag with flat and foam adhesives for a bit of texture and then tied on a bit of yellow baker's twine. I love how easy it was to make everything coordinate!

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to pop in on Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie S., Laurie W., Melissa, Erin, and Maile to see more inspiration. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you back here again tomorrow.

Recipes:
Mini Gingham Tissue Box
Stamps: Background Basics: Super Gingham - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pale Peony - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Berry Sorbet - Papertrey Ink
Other: Tissue Box Cover Die - Papertrey Ink; Scor Tape

Take It Easy Card
Stamps: Take It Easy, Background Basics: Super Gingham, Keep It Simple: Sending Hugs - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, Classic Kraft - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist, Classic Kraft, Lemon Tart, Smokey Shadow, Pale Peony - Papertrey Ink
Other: Cozy Bed Dies, Take It Easy Die, Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die - Papertrey Ink; Colored Pencils - PrismaColor; Foam Tape - Scotch

Back On Your Feet Tag
Stamps: Take It Easy, Background Basics: Super Gingham - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pale Peony - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Take It Easy Die, Tag Sale Quilted - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Colored Pencils - PrismaColor; Lemon Baker's Twine - Divine Twine

3 comments:

Diana K said...

Really cute, Lizzie!

keysha said...

Super cute! I love your card!

Colleen said...

So cute I love this stamp set