Wednesday, January 11, 2017

More Palm Prints

Good morning! Welcome back for Day 2 of the January Papertrey Ink countdown. I'm back again today with another Palm Prints project for you to enjoy, so let's get to it!

I paired my new set with Maile's latest Splits set and Some Like It Hot for this hello card.

Hello There Hibiscus Card

I began by heat embossing the Splits border image onto watercolor paper with white powder. I used Zig pens to wash very subtle color over the embossing, leaving the space between the borders completely white. After that had dried, I stamped the Splits sentiment onto the watercolor paper with Pinefeather ink and adhered that panel to an Aqua Mist card base.

Hello There Hibiscus Close Up

Next, I stamped and die cut the hibiscus from Some Like It Hot using Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, and Canyon Clay inks. Then, I stamped and die cut the monstera leaves from Palm Prints using Green Parakeet, New Leaf, and Pinefeather inks. I layered the leaves and flower on the card front using flat and foam adhesives and then embellished with a handful of sequins from the Sunshine & Rainbows kit.

Thank you so much for joining me today and for all of your enthusiasm for this set. Make sure to check in with Nichole, Betsy, DawnHeather, Kay, and Maile to see more sneak peeks. Have a great day and I'll see you again bright and early tomorrow morning!

Recipe:
Hello There Hibiscus Card
Stamps: Palm Prints, Splits: Hello There, Some Like It Hot - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; Watercolor Paper - Ranger; White
Ink: Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Pinefeather, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay - Papertrey Ink
Other: Palm Prints Die, Some Like It Hot Die, MIMK: Sunshine & Rainbows Kit (sequins); White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Zig Clean Color Markers; Foam Tape - Scotch

7 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Lovely card, Lizzie!

nancy said...

Great card, Lizzie. Fabulous use of the Splits set to ground the flower.

lw said...

Too cute. I am liking the simple cards-some are too overdone and cannot be mailed.

Kathy Mc said...

Beautiful, Lizzie! Love how you embossed the Splits design for your sentiment.

Marybeth said...

Hi Lizzie, wow ! I love everything about this stunning card!

MelissaF said...

So pretty, love the embossed and watercolored Splits background and the beautiful hibiscus and leaves.

Sharon said...

Love this card so much!