Monday, April 17, 2017

More Papertrey Ink Release: Lovely Lace Mini Kit and Made With Love

Good morning, friends, and welcome back for another day of Papertrey Ink projects. This morning we're showcasing Betsy's latest Make It Market Mini Kit: Lovely Lace and Dawn's Made With Love Collection. I created projects with both of these beautiful collections, so let's get to it!

Ladybug Brooch Ensemble

I mentioned on the forum a week or so ago that we have a pint-sized neighbor that I thought might like a little felt brooch to wear on her own tiny denim jacket. The Made With Love stamps and dies were perfect for packing up my gift for a sweet little girl.

Felt Ladybug Brooch

I began by creating the brooch. First, I die cut ladybug parts from Pure Poppy and True Black felt. Next came the flower from Vintage Cream and Simply Chartreuse Felt and two Vintage Cream Circles and one pinked Aqua Mist circle. I layered one Vintage Cream circle and the pinked circle before stitching on ladybug. I used seed beads at the ends of her antennae to add a bit of interest. Next, I stitched on the flower with a clear seed beed in the center (just like I did on my "big girl" brooch). I stitched the bar pin to second Vintage Cream Circle and then stitched the Ladybug layers to back pin layer, stuffing a bit of polyfil between to make the brooch a tiny bit puffy.

Ladybug Brooch Gift Box

Next, I created the packaging. I began by die cutting a pillow box from Rustic White cardstock. Then I used the “holes only” ladybug die to add stitching holes to the front of the box. I very lightly blended a bit of Aqua Mist ink around ladybug holes. Then I stamped the Gran's Garden leaves and Made With Love sentiment onto the box. I die cut the ladybug parts from cardstock and stitched them to box, using pre-cut holes to make it easy. I even used seed beads on the antennae again to make the whole package coordinate even more. Then I just used some Scor Tape to assemble the box.

Ladybug Brooch Card Back

To create the backing tag I cut the Made With Love tag from Pure Poppy. It was a little long to fit in the pillow box as designed, so I cut a second time to shorten tag enough to fit perfectly. I stamped the tag with the polka dot strip in Made With Love and die cut two holes using the All Tied Up die. I tied on Simply Chartreuse Ribbon with white crochet thread and an Aqua Mist button to round out the look. Then I just popped the bar pin through the holes and tucked the tag into the box for gift giving. And I'm happy to report she loved it!

Supplies:



Next up, I have an elegant wedding card made with the Make It Market Mini Kit: Lovely Lace. Everything in this kit is so gorgeous!

Happy Wedding Day Card

I began by sponging a panel of Linen cardstock with Lilac Grace ink through one of the Lovely Lace stencils. Then, with the stencil still in place, I splattered Winter Wisteria ink and Pearl Glimmer Mist over the surface of the cardstock.

Happy Wedding Day Flat 1

Next, again with the stencil still in place, I impressed the lace stencil into my cardstock using the impression plate sandwich for my Cuttlebug. I removed the stencil, stamped the sentiment, and used foam tape to adhere to a Dark Indigo card base.

Happy Wedding Day Frame Close Up

Then, I Xyroned a piece of White Shimmer cardstock and a piece of Fresh Snow Linen cardstock before die cutting the large frame from the Lovely Lace kit. I layered the die cuts, sticky side down, with the shimmer layer on top. I removed the backing from the bottom die cut and adhered the frame to the card front.

Happy Wedding Day Flat 2

Then I used a handful of self-adhesive rhinestones to embellish the frame in a few key places. I love how shimmery and sparkly this card is in real life.

Supplies:



Thank you so much for joining me! Make sure to head over to Nichole Heady's blog to see who else has projects to share with you today. Have a fantastic day and I'll see you again tomorrow!

2 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Your sweet neighbor will love her little lady bug! Super cute for a denim jacket!

Jane C. said...

Lizzie your ladybug broach is absolutely darling. Great packaging too!!! Thanks for sharing.