Thursday, April 20, 2017

Throwback Thursdays: Dot Spot

Good morning! This morning, Betsy Veldman, Wanda Guess, and I are teaming up to share a few new projects featuring Papertrey Ink's Dot Spot stamp set. I’ve always been a big fan of the playful nature of dots. They add such cheerful whimsy whenever they’re in the mix! Dot Spot has been one of my favorites since its release more than seven years ago. It’s still as fresh and modern as ever, so I hope you’ll enjoy today's project!

Dot Spot Thanks Card

I began by stamping a variety of Dot Spot circles diagonally across a white card base. I made sure to use an odd number of each color and create visual triangles to give a sense of balance. The diagonal line also helps create movement in the design.

Dot Spot Thanks Close Up

Next, I sponged a bit of Aqua Mist cardstock with Tropical Teal ink. I die cut the top layer of the Layered Banner and stamped it with the "Thanks" sentiment from the coordinating stamp set. I stamped first with Tropical Teal and then a second time with VersaMark embossed in white to create a shadowed effect.

Dot Spot Thanks Flat

I die cut the back layer of the Layered Banner from Sheer Basics Vellum Stripe paper and adhered the two pieces together. I added the sentiment banner to the card front with foam tape to give it a bit of dimension. I love the way it turned out and I'm thinking I may want to make a set of these using a variety of colors to have on hand or give as a gift.

Thank you so much for joining me! Make sure to pop in on Betsy and Wanda to see what they have up their sleeves too. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Supplies:

4 comments:

Gina said...

Great card, Lizzie! Dot Spot is such a *fun* set. I really like your color combo on today's card, too. I like how Vintage Jadeite (which I never reach for) goes with the Tropical Teal and Harvest Gold.

merryf said...

I love this card! That sentiment/die banner set has been on my wish list forever, and I think I need to put it in my next order. I have to admit that my Dot Spot hasn't seen ink in a long time, so I'm thrilled to see this be the focus this week! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kathy Mc said...

Lizzie, I love this card and your color palette also. Don't own Dot Spots but Mehndi Medallion might work. Great card for using the layered banner, which I own but seldom use. Love the look with the striped vellum!

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card, Lizzie! You've inspired me to get these sets out and ink them :)