Wednesday, June 14, 2017

More Jungle Buddies Inspiration

Good morning, Friends, and welcome back for Day 5 of the Papertrey Ink June Countdown! Nichole and Betsy are featuring Jungle Buddies today, so you'll definitely want to check in with those talented ladies for some fabulous projects. I'm also sharing a few project with you today, so let's get to it!

My first project is a hello card that I created by pairing the elephant from Jungle Buddies with Textile Impressions and Palm Prints.

Elephant Hello Card

I began by stamping a basketweave pattern onto a Limeade Ice panel using Textile Impressions. I die cut that panel using the Mix & Mat: Pretty Brackets Die and the oval from the Noted: Scalloped A1 Die Collection to create a frame.

Elephant Hello Card 2

Then, I sponged Simply Chartreuse and Ripe Avocado inks onto a piece of Simply Chartreuse cardstock. I die cut that with the Cover Plate: Mighty Jungle and trimmed out the vines. I adhered those in the frame opening and set that whole piece aside for a moment.

Elephant Hello 3

Next, I stamped the leaves from Palm Prints onto a white card base that I'd die cut using the Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical die. I adhered the die cut frame over top of the leaves with dimensional adhesive. Then, I die cut and stamped the elephant using Pale Peony and Berry Sorbet inks and the "noise lines" in Harvest Gold ink.

Elephant Hello Card 4

I then die cut a banner from Hawaiian Shores cardstock and stamped it with a patterned stripe from Textile Impressions. Once that was dry, I heat embossed the sentiment (also from Textile Impressions) using white detail powder. I used dimensional adhesive to add the elephant and sentiment banner to the card front. So tropical!

Supplies:


Next, I have a thank you card using some of the leaves and grasses from the Cover Plate: Mighty Jungle to create a scene for my Jungle Buddies giraffe.

Great, Big Thank You Card

I began by using the rectangular Herb Garden stencil to create a ground for my scene using Spring Rain ink. Then, I used the stitching lines from the Mix & Mat: Pretty Brackets Die around the sponged area. Next, I masked the area around the outside of the stitching lines and used the lion's mane to stamp a sun using Harvest Gold and Summer Sunrise inks.

Great, Big Thank You Card 2

Then, I die cut a handful of grasses and leaves from Limeade Ice cardstock using the Mighty Jungle dies. I sponged Green Parakeet ink onto each die cut and then stamped the leaves with one of the images from Ombré Borders. I also die cut the giraffe and stamped it with Lilac Grace, Winter Wisteria, and Smokey Shadow inks.

Great, Big Thank You Card 3

Next, I die cut the sentiment banner using the longer Double Ended Banner die. I shortened it a bit by re-cutting one end with the die before heat embossing my Jungle Buddies Sentiments greeting.

Great, Big Thank You Card 4

I adhered my sentiment banner to the card front with foam tape and then used flat and foam adhesives to add the grasses and giraffe. I also added the leaves with foam tape for an extra touch of dimension.

Supplies:


My last card today uses all of the sweet critters from Jungle Buddies together.

Welcome, Little One Card

I began by stamping a Textile Impressions pattern onto a Classic Kraft panel using Classic Kraft ink. I used three circle dies to cut windows into that panel and set it aside.

Welcome, Little One Card 2

I stamped the critters on a white card base so that they would peek through the window openings. The lion was stamped in Orange Zest and Summer Sunrise inks. The giraffe was stamped in New Leaf and Green Parakeet inks. And the elephant was stamped in Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, and Harvest Gold inks.

Welcome, Little One Card 3

I used foam tape to adhere the Kraft panel to the card front before embellishing each animal's face with googly eyes.

Welcome, Little One Card 4

Then, I die cut the Sweet Speech speech bubble from white cardstock and stamped it with the Jungle Buddies Sentiments greeting. I used foam tape to attach the speech bubble die cut to the card front. I'm totally smitten with these little guys.

Supplies:


Thank you so much for joining me today. Make sure to pop in on Nichole, Betsy, Heather, and Lexi to see what they have to share. I'll see you again soon!

3 comments:

Cindy O said...

Your animals are just adorable. Love all the creative ways you've used them in your examples.

R. Hill said...

Love the new Jungle Buddies set, and what you did with it is just superb! Very creative.

cindybearj said...

Those Jungle Buddies are so cute. The lion is my favorite!