Thursday, August 24, 2017

Papertrey Ink Throwback Thursday: Round Repeats

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to another Papertrey Ink Throwback Thursday feature. Today Heather, Wanda, and I are taking Round Repeats out for a spin. You know how much I love building a pattern, so pulling out Round Repeats was a blast! These elements are perfect for medallions, but they’re also fabulous for other patterns as well. I wanted to create an op-art inspired background, so I went with an overlapping stripe. Here's a closer look!

Celebrate Your Birthday Card

I began by sponging Aqua Mist ink onto a Fresh Snow Linen panel. I love the soft color I can get by doing that. Then, I stamped the first set of stripes, also in Aqua Mist ink. Next came the Green Parakeet stripes, offset from the Aqua Mist ones just a bit.

Celebrate Your Birthday Card 2

Once that panel was finished, I adhered it to a Green Parakeet card base. Then, I trimmed a second piece of Fresh Snow Linen to be the sentiment panel. I cut it at an angle and then used the Good Times die to cut in just a bit. Next I stamped my sentiment and then I used the same word die to cut a Tropical Teal "celebrate." I inset that die cut along the top edge of my sentiment panel in the area that I cut away earlier.

Celebrate Your Birthday Card 3

I used foam tape to adhere the two parts together and then used additional foam tape to pop up and stabilize the sentiment panel. I finished up my card with a handful of sequins for a little sparkle.

I hope you've enjoyed today's card! If you haven't pulled out Round Repeats in awhile now is a great time to do so. Some of the medallions even look like snowflakes - they'd be perfect for getting a jump on those holiday cards. Have a wonderful day, everyone, and make sure to check in with Heather and Wanda to see how they've used this set today. I'll see you for Stamp-A-Faire this weekend! Ta-ta!

Supplies:

No comments: