Monday, September 18, 2017

More Papertrey Ink Release: Beautiful Berries

Good morning and welcome back for more inspiration featuring the Papertrey Ink September release! I'm sharing a project today showcasing Betsy's new Beautiful Berries: Winter stamp set.

Peace & Joy Card

This berry design is fun because you can go with the traditional bluish green cedar look or opt for brighter holiday colors and either one would look gorgeous. We happen to have a big, beautiful cedar tree right in our backyard, so I was inspired to go that direction.

Peace & Joy Card 2

I began by stamping the berry branches using Pinefeather and Aqua Mist inks. I let those dry awhile and then I went back with Versamark and heat embossed the detail image first with white powder and again with glitter powder. The end result looks like snow is dusting the berries and I absolutely love it!

Peace & Joy Card 4

Next, I die cut a Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical card base from white cardstock and layered it with a piece of Bitty Big: Pinefeather paper. Then, I cut a decorative panel using the same die collection, also from white, and stamped it with the sentiment from Beautiful Berries: Winter in Pure Poppy ink. I matted that panel with Pure Poppy cardstock and adhered it to the card front with foam tape.

Peace & Joy Card 3

Next, I slightly curved the berry branches in my hands and adhered them to the card front just at the very tops. I stamped and die cut a Gift Card Cozy Sentiments bow and adhered that to the stems with foam tape. A dot of Ruby Slippers Nuvo glitter drops was the perfect finishing touch.

That's all for me today. Thank you so much for joining me! I'll see you again tomorrow with more inspiration. In the meantime, make sure to pop in and visit Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, Stephanie, and Wanda for more projects with this month's release. See you soon, everyone!

Supplies:

2 comments:

Diana K said...

Love this! You're really making me regret not buying the Bitty Bigs.

Vicki Finger said...

What a stunning card, Lizzie! Glad that those Pinfeather bitty bigs are in my order!