Saturday, September 16, 2017

More Papertrey Ink Release - Very Merry

Good morning and welcome back for the post-release inspiration series from Papertrey Ink. This month's release landed last night, so it's available on the website right now! I have another Very Merry project to share with you today. Let's get to it!

One of my favorite parts about this tree is the whimsical, casual style. It lends itself beautifully to unconventional color schemes and I wanted to use one such palette on my card today.

Winter Wishes Card

I began by stamping the tree in Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, and Summer Sunrise inks. I added a trunk in Simply Chartreuse and then I heat embossed over the Berry Sorbet layer with clear glitter embossing powder. The sparkle is subtle, but oh so fun!

Winter Wishes Card 2

Next, I cut the Mix & Mat: Berry Boughs frame into a panel of white cardstock. I masked off the frame and sponged Aqua Mist ink in the center of the rectangle. Then I flicked a bit of clean water onto the inked surface to look like soft snow. Then I die cut the Cover Plate: Waves die and arranged the pieces to look like snow drifts. I trimmed them down, stamped my Keep It Simple: Winter Wishes sentiment, and then added texture with the Woodgrain Impression Plate. A adhered those to the snowy panel with foam adhesive.

Winter Wishes Card 3

Then, I matted the snowy panel with a Berry Sorbet cardstock layer and tucked my tree in between two of the drifts. I mounted that whole piece to a card base that I had already covered with Bitty Big Simply Chartreuse patterned paper using foam tape. I sprinkled on a bunch of clear sequins (from the Sunshine & Rainbows kit) to look like ornaments. Isn't it cute?!

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to pop in and visit BetsyDawnHeatherLaurie, MelissaMichelleStephanie, and Wanda for more projects with this month's release. See you soon, everyone!

Supplies:

2 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

I just love this set, Lizzie. Especially the fonts!

Studio 92 designs said...

Great set, Lizzie! Can't wait to receive this set in the mail.