Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Papertrey Ink Feature: Introducing Quoted: Little Bit More

Good morning, friends! It's Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink October New Release Countdown (just a reminder: all of the new products will be available on the 15th at 10pm) and I'm back today to introduce this month's Quoted set by Nichole Heady. These mini sets have become some of my favorites every month and this one is no exception. Let's take a closer look!

My first two projects today are pretty heavily inspired by How The Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss (I couldn't help myself). This first one is influenced by the moment when the Grinch's grinchy heart grows three sizes.

Quoted Little Bit More Card

I began by sponging the heart burst pattern onto Green Parakeet cardstock using Green Parakeet and New Leaf inks.

Quoted Little Bit More Card 3

I let that dry for awhile before heat embossing the sentiment with white powder. Then, I heat embossed a second time, this time with Nuvo Shimmering Pearl (a glitter powder).

Quoted Little Bit More Card 4

The second layer smooths out the embossing a bit and the glitter powder gives the lettering an extra special touch.

Quoted Little Bit More Card 2

I adhered the Green Parakeet panel to a white card base. Next, I stamped and cut out the hat from the Make It Market Mini Kit: Holiday Hugs stamp set. I adhered the hat to the card front with foam adhesive and added a pom-pom to the end of the hat for a bit of added texture. I'm in love with this!

Supplies:


Next up, I wanted to create a card with the Grinch's dog, Max, as the star of the show.

Quoted Max Card

I began by die cutting a white panel with the largest of the Double Ups: Rectangles. I stamped the greeting using Green Parakeet ink sponged with New Leaf ink. I added the row of dots using Pure Poppy ink.

Quoted Max Card 3

Next, I heat embossed the irregular shadow from In The Shadows using Shimmering Pearl powder to create a snowbank.

Quoted Max Card 3

I stamped and die cut one of the puppies from Come All Ye Faithful and added the antlers from the coordinating Additions set. I added a nailhead nose and then attached him to the white panel using foam adhesive.

Quoted Max Card 4

I stamped the tree strip from Fair Isle borders onto Pure Poppy cardstock and adhered that to a white card base. Then, I attached the focal panel in place using foam tape. I had so much fun playing around with the Grinch theme!

Supplies:



My final card for today is very different. I wanted to go in a much softer direction.

Quoted Pink Plaid Card

I began by die cutting a Wine Bottle Tag #2 shape from white cardstock. I stamped it with the sentiment in Ocean Tides and Pinefeather inks. Then, I added the dotted lines and small Christmas tree in Pale Peony ink.

Quoted Pink Plaid Card 2

Next, I stamped a plaid pattern onto a panel of Fresh Snow Linen cardstock. I started by sponging the background lightly with Pale Peony and then I added stripes in Pale Peony, Ocean Tides, and Pinefeather. When I was finished, I adhered it to a Pinefeather card base.

Quoted Pink Plaid Card 3

Then, I Xyroned some vellum and die cut three Silver White Winters snowflakes with the (still covered) sticky side up. I removed the adhesive backing and sprinkled the snowflakes with Crystal glitter before adhering two to the card base. I mounted the sentiment panel to the card front with foam tape and then added the third snowflake. Definitely different from the first two, but still just as festive.

Supplies:


Thank you so much for joining me today! I'll be back tomorrow with more Dash Away All projects, but in the meantime, be sure to pop in on Nichole, Betsy, Dawn, and Heather to see a few more peeks today. See you soon!

11 comments:

Cindy O said...

Your grinch-y cards are wonderful! Especially love the green heart and background with Santa hat!

Annheidel said...

These are so much fun! I love the Grinch variations and the soft elegance of the plaid.

Jennifer K said...

Your Grinch card is so clever. Love it!

Jane C. said...

Love your Dr. Seuss take on cards Lizzie, very clever and fun.

Gina said...

Girlfriend...the Grinch card. The GRINCH card!!!!!!! No words for how much I love it. I want to copy it soooooooooo much!!!!!!!

Sharon said...

Lizzie! LOVE that Grinch card with the heart--so clever!! Really, I love all these projects you're sharing today! The plaid is beautiful and love the snowflakes on it. Great job!

Luvpurple said...

Love The Grinchy card!

jane said...

Such pretty cards. Love the new ideas.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! Wow,I once again fell in love with your color palette on your plaid pale peony & pinefeather card. That's a mouthful. :) I used a recent color combo of yours to make a floral card and LOVED the results. (Indigo, Ocean Tides & Enchanted Eve.) Maybe you could share some of your tips on how to create aplaid pattern, say- in a Make it Monday? (Hint hint). Thanks Lizzie, beautiful results! :)

Kathy Mc said...

Lizzie, you nailed with that first card! Love how you think and create out of the box. Your color combos are also dynamite, and you are the queen of creating yummy plaid paper.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

All these cards are just beautiful !!