Thursday, December 14, 2017

Papertrey Ink Featured Post: Stuck On You & Keep It Simple: Brighter Days

Good morning, friends, and welcome back for the last day of the December Papertrey Ink Countdown! The new release will be available tomorrow night at 10pm Eastern, but before that I have one more post for you. I have the pleasure of introducing the Keep It Simple: Brighter Days set along with my new set, Stuck On You. This mini set packs a lot of punch thanks to a coordinating die set that I think you're going to love! Let's get to some projects, shall we?

Let's kick off today with a cheerful thank you note. When you're on the other side of illness, sometimes you want to thank the people (or person) that supported you when you were down (Sean Jones, you're a rockstar). That's a time for bright, happy colors, am I right?

Thanks For Taking Care Of Me Card

I began by sponging a rainbow of colors onto scraps of white cardstock before die cutting them with the bandage die in the Stuck On You die set. Sponging and then die cutting allows you to avoid any harsh edges on the final piece.

Thanks For Taking Care Of Me Card 2

Then I stamped the bandages with hearts (included in the stamp set) and laid them out on a white panel, leaving space for my sentiment. I stamped that in True Black before adhering the bandages into place.

Thanks For Taking Care Of Me Card 3

To finish it off, I simply popped that panel up on a white card base with foam tape. Nice and easy, but with plenty of color and texture. I need to make a few of these to hand out after my week battling with a cold. It was not my shining moment, I'm afraid.

Supplies:


Next up, I have a little tea folder that I created with Lexi's Matchbook Medley die.

Thinking Of You Tea Folder 3

That handy die happens to fit a tea bag quite nicely (I checked two different brands, Yogi and Traditional Medicinals).

Thinking Of You Tea Folder 2

I began by die cutting the matchbook from Classic Kraft cardstock. Then I stamped the interior of the folder with several of the sentiments from Keep It Simple: Brighter Days. I like the idea of adding the text-based pattern to the inside of the project because it continues the message that you see on the front. I also added a die cut heart (this heart comes from the You Have My Heart set) stamped with a sentiment from Stuck On You in Dark Indigo.

Thinking Of You Tea Folder

On the front of the matchbook, I created a little scene with Dawn's Cup Of Cheer set. I first sponged the Rustic White panel with a bit of Spring Rain ink and then added a few matching splatters (just for texture). I added a sentiment from Stuck On You in Dark Indigo before placing my tea pot and cup, stamped in Melon Berry and Americana. I also used a scalloped strip of Bitty Big: Dark Indigo paper to dress up the bottom flap. Isn't it a cute way to give an under-the-weather friend a little relief?

Supplies:


Next, I have a card for a friend who may have had a recent surgery or gotten themselves banged up somehow.

On The Mend Card

I began by sponging a bit of Aqua Mist ink onto a white panel. I splattered that with the matching reinker and adhered it to a Classic Kraft card base before setting it aside.

On The Mend Card 3

Next, I sponged three pieces of Stamper's Select Vellum with Classic Kraft ink. I sponged the ink on the back side just to be sure that if it didn't dry as quickly as I was expecting it to there wouldn't be any transfer from handling the card. Then I die cut those using the Stuck On You bandage die. I also xyroned and die cut the rounded rectangle from the set. That rectangle fits the embossed rectangle on the bandage exactly so you can layer that piece seamlessly.

On The Mend Card 2

I heat embossed my sentiment onto one of the bandages and then adhered the white rectangles to the back of each bandage to look like the cottony part of the real thing. I also stamped and die cut two hearts from the set and adhered those to the top of the bandages. I adhered the bandages to the card front with foam tape and then used a bit of fine Garnet glitter to embellish the hearts. If you wanted to make this one more masculine you could simply omit the glitter or use flocking to give the hearts some texture.

Supplies:


And one more! This one is a tad bit more playful. I used patterned paper for the bandages this time. I think that's a great way to add some upbeat flair to the bandages (which can be particularly important if you're making a card for a kiddo - no somber cards for the littles).

Sending Healing Wishes Card

I began by die cutting a white panel with one of the Round Off Edgers. I actually die cut twice, once at a bit of an angle, to get the askew line. I adhered those pieces to a Pure Poppy Panel and then used black thread to stitch the sides together before adhering the whole piece to a Hawaiian Shores card base.

Sending Healing Wishes Card 2

Next, I die cut the bandages from Bitty Big: Hawaiian Shores patterned paper (new this month!) and the rounded rectangles from Hawaiian Shores cardstock. I stamped the sentiments from Stuck On You onto the rectangles with True Black ink. The "Sending" sentiment is actually a two-part sentiment that can be finished different ways with a few phrases in the set.

Sending Healing Wishes Card 3

I adhered the rectangles to the patterned bandages with foam tape and then used more foam tape to adhere the bandages to the front of the card. Easy and fun!

Supplies:


Well, that's all for me today friends! Make sure to pop in and visit Amy, Betsy, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, Stephanie, and Wanda to see how they've used these great new products. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you tomorrow night on the Papertrey Ink Facebook page for Release Party Live! Julie, Stephanie, and I will be sharing a closer look at all of the great products coming out this month as well as answering your questions, so be sure to tune in and check it out. See you then!


2 comments:

merryf said...

Oh my goodness, these are 100 percent adorable! I love this idea for a stamp set -- and the fact that it is just $5 is even better. Love the bandages in vellum; this is just the cutest!

TeresaC said...

Genius cards Lizzie!!
I especially love your playful black suturing with Hawaiian Shores bandages!! Really caught my eye!!
:)