Thursday, January 11, 2018

Papertrey Ink January Countdown - Day 2

Good morning and welcome back to Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink January New Release Countdown! I'm back today to showcase two sets by the very talented Betsy Veldman. Year Of Psalms: January and Brushed Birds will both be available on the 15th at 10pm ET. I also snuck one of my new sets in there too! Warm Regards is a dogwood set that I have debuting on the 15th. Fun fact: this is my very first ever dedicated flower set! Yay!

Lizzie Jones Fearfully & Wonderfully Made Card

To start today's card, I stamped the outlined dogwood blooms onto a white panel in Stormy Sea ink. Then, I used the solid blooms to add color. I sponged the flowers (mostly the centers) with Pale Peony ink and to keep things nice and soft. I added the flower centers with Harvest Gold ink and masked the flowers with full-sticky Post it notes. I sponged over the panel with Spring Rain ink and splattered the background with clean water and reinker to add texture.

Fearfully & Wonderfully Made Card 2

Once that had dried, I stamped the branches in Stormy Sea and the leaves in Green Parakeet. I adhered that panel to a Sweet Blush card base and rounded the bottom corners. Next, I die cut a stitched panel using one of the Noted rectangles. I double cut one end to trim the panel down a bit and then stamped the sentiment from Year Of Psalms: January in Stormy Sea ink before adhering it to my card front with foam tape.

Fearfully & Wonderfully Made Card 3

Then, I stamped and die cut the bird from Brushed Birds using Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, and Stormy Sea inks. I tied a crochet thread bow around the card and then I added the little bird to one of the dogwood branches using foam tape. I love how soft this card is. I don't usually think to use gray in place of Kraft or Dark Chocolate on branches, but it worked beautifully.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to pop in on Betsy, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, Stephanie, and Wanda to see how they're using these gorgeous new products today. You may even find some inspiration over on Lexi's blog too, so be sure to visit her while you're hopping around. Have a great day, everyone!

Supplies:

7 comments:

Darla said...

I love the soft coloring on this card! So beautiful!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Absolutely gorgeous.
PS: Your 'first' flower set dogwoods are going to be huge success. Hugs.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! I fell in love with your design today, especially the soft colors and the fact you tied in so many of the new sets together. Congratulations on your Dogwoods, I LOVE the details! :)

Sandy M said...

Finally someone creates a beautiful dogwood stamp. I have more flower stamps than anything else but no dogwood. You did this one beautifully. I love your card and can't wait to get my hands on the cute chubby bird.

Jennifer T. said...

I love your new set Lizzie. The dogwoods are perfect and so is the font!

Kathy Mc said...

Lizzie, this is so soft and subtle but absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on your dogwoods!

Ribbons and Roots said...

Such a pretty card Lizzie! I LOVE the dogwoods--probably my favorite from this release! Congrats!